About the project
International research project “Legacy of S. M. Prokudin-Gorsky” was founded in 2008 and is devoted to studying the life and creative heritage of pioneer of color photography Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorsky (1863-1944).
Head of the project is Vasiliy V. Dryuchin, Honored Teacher of the Russian Federation, the founder of the Museum of S.M. Prokudin-Gorsky in Moscow.
The main objectives of the project are:
- creating the most comprehensive database of photographs of Prokudin-Gorsky;
- correction of attribution errors;
- search for the missing parts of the collection;
- compilation of geographical directory and map of photos;
- exchange of experience in the restoration of images;
- promotion of creative heritage of the great scientist and photographer.
You can contribute to the project by:
- taking part in any discussion at our forum;
- making for the project digital restoration of Prokudin-Gorsky’s images;
- making photos of the same views and objects as Prokudin-Gorsky did (for comparison);
- providing us with any suggestions and remarks on the content of project;
- assisting us in locating and copying the archival and library sources related to the Prokudin-Gorsky and his collection;
- telling about the project to all those who may be interested in photographic legacy of Prokudin-Gorsky.
In the case you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants of international research project “Legacy of S. M. Prokudin-Gorsky” are very grateful to all people who contributed to the project, especially to the descendants of S. M. Prokudin-Gorsky and to the Library of Congress.